If you have an occupation that is on the MLTSSL, no job offer, no family that will sponsor you, but you can secure a nomination from an Australian state or territory government agency, you may qualify for an SC 190 visa
You have to:
- Have a skills assessment for your occupation
- Be invited to apply for an SC 190 visa
- Meet the points test (You get extra points if nominated by a state/territory agency)
With an SC 190 visa you can:
- Remain in Australia permanently
- Work and study in Australia
- Qualify for Medicare
- Sponsor your relations to come to Australia
- Travel to and from Australia for 5 years
- Ultimately become an Australian citizen
- Government visa application charges (VAC) – A$ 4115
- Registered Migration agent (RMA) charges - A$ 3850
- Other charges such as skills assessments, medical, police clearance, English test etc. are applicable and can vary. Also if applicable there could be second instalments of VAC in certain circumstances.
- Submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) and apply within 2 months after having received an invite.
- You have to be not older than 45 at the time you are invited to apply for a SC 189 visa
- You have to have a score of at least 65 on the points table
- You have to meet the level of competent English
- Meet the health requirements
- Meet the character requirements
- You must be nominated for an SC 190 visa by an Australian state or territory agency.