If you have an occupation that is on the MLTSSL, no job offer, no family that will sponsor you, and no nomination from a state or territory government agency in Australia, then you may qualify for a SC 189 visa
You have to:
- Have a skills assessment for your occupation
- Be invited to apply for an SC 189 visa
- Meet the points test
With a SC 189 visa you can:
- Remain in Australia permanently
- Work and study in Australia
- Qualify for Medicare
- Sponsor your relatives to come to Australia
- Travel to and from Australia for 5 years
- Ultimately become an Australian citizen
- Government visa application charges (VAC) – A$ 4115
- Registered Migration agent (RMA) charges - A$ 2850
- Other charges such as skills assessments, medical, police clearance, English test etc. are applicable and can vary. Also if applicable there could be second instalments of VAC in certain circumstances.
- Submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) and apply within 2 months after having received an invite.
- You have to be not older than 45 years at the time you are invited to apply for an SC 189 visa.
- You have to have a score of at least 65 on the points table.
- You have to meet the level of competent English
- Meet the health requirements
- Meet the character requirements