More About

With an SC 482 visa in the Medium Term Stream you can:

With an SC 482 visa in the Medium Term Stream you can:

  • Work in Australia for an Australian business sponsor for up to 4 years, and up to 5 years if you hold a Hong Kong passport
  • Study in Australia at your own cost
  • Travel to and from Australia as many times as you want whilst your visa is valid
  • Apply for a permanent visa at a later stage. Please contact our office to find out how


Indicative costs:

  • Government visa application charges (VAC) – A$ 2690
  • Registered Migration agent (RMA) charges - A$ 2000
  • Other charges such as skills assessments, medical, police clearance, English test etc. are applicable and can vary.


  • There is no age limitation on this visa
  • You need to be nominated by an approved business sponsor
  • Your occupation for which you are nominated must appear on MLTSSL or ROL
  • You must demonstrate that you have the skills and experience to perform the nominated occupation
  • For certain occupations you will require a skills assessment. Please contact our office should you want to know more
  • You must have at least 2 years work experience in your nominated occupation or related field
  • You must have health insurance
  • You must meet the health requirements
  • You must meet the character requirements
  • You must meet the English language requirements (Exemptions Apply)
  • You have not contravened the “paying for visa sponsorship” prohibitions (Exemptions Apply)



  • Strict conditions apply to this visa about your workplace and work conditions. Please contact our office if you need to know how it affects your circumstances.